Hi everyone! I’ll now be officially blogging at Blonde Freedom! Thank you for being a follower of my blog and I hope you like me enough to want to follow my new one. Please click on the link to keep up with me!
***I haven’t been blogging as much because I’d rather be posting on my blog in the making. It should be ready this weekend for sure!
Hello everyone! I’m linking up today for What I Ate Wednesday!
This past week on Thursday I got my wisdom teeth out. That meant I was out of commission for working for my Dad. I got The Paleo Kitchen for my birthday and had yet to try out any recipes so this week was the time to whip up some recipes. I tried the Fluffly Blueberry Pancakes & the Cinnamon Chocolate Swirl Banana Bread.
Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes
I made these pancakes one morning for breakfast for my family. We fell in love! I do have to admit that they were not 100% Paleo because I had to use whole wheat flour since we didn’t have tapioca flour.
Regardless, these “almost” Paleo pancakes tasted just like a fluffy batch of whole wheat pancakes. These have coconut flour in them and y’all know my battles with coconut flour and honestly I still loved them. Y’all definitely have to try this recipe out!
Cinnamon Chocolate Swirl Banana Bread
Later that afternoon I got a little bored and decided to try the next recipe on my “to-try” list. Once again coconut flour was a starring ingredient. I had all the other ingredients on hand at home so this is a true Paleo treat!
I love this Banana Bread. I think it may take some slight getting used to, but I’ve been eating it all week and enjoy it even more every time. It’s dense and moist and full of banana flavor with some chocolate swirled in. My mom and sister also loved this bread so I’ll be making it again!
For my last meal before heading back to college on Sunday my mom made me some enchiladas for lunch. Evidently these are in no way Paleo. My mom found the recipe off Pinterest. Enchiladas is one of my favorite meals and I always request some while I’m at home.
My Mom used some Green Chile sauce that was evidently quite chunky and made the enchiladas pretty hot. She made flat enchiladas instead of rolled so there was another stack of tortillas that we got into before I remembered to take a picture.
While eating these I was wishing my wisdom teeth were already healed because I would have eaten a lot more than I did! I think this is a recipe that we’ll be coming back to!
That’s all I’m going to include for today. I’m starting student teaching this week so lunch has been pretty boring as in peanut butter and honey sandwiches and carrots. Which is delicious if you ask me.
Have a great Wednesday everyone!
What is something you baked lately? Any recipes you’re wanting to try?
Oh hey everyone! I’ve been missing from the blog world for the past week and it’s truly been a nice break. So let’s try to catch up by linking up with Thinking Out Loud!
- Coffee and kitties are my favorite way to start my morning!
- In just a few hours I go into the dentist office and get my wisdom teeth taken out. I’m not excited about it, but I know I need to stop putting it off. Bring on the chipmunk cheeks!
- While I’ve been away I was able to truly rest. I think my body needed and enjoyed a break from Crossfit. It was also refreshing for my mind to get away to a new place and not have the stress and worries that fill my mind while at home. And it’s always nice to spend time with people who fill you with happiness.
- Airports are one of the most fascinating places to me. I absolutely love being in the airport. I love looking at all the people. Where are they going? What are they doing? Who are they? You see the true colors of people when they are dealing with delays and cancelled flights. After a evening filled with delays I was thankful to finally get home.
- A rainy day afternoon/night in the airport made me crave warm, savory foods. I had a cappuccino from Starbucks with a cinnamon chip scone. I forget how good cappuccinos are. I was also so thankful that I had chosen to wear skinny jeans and bring a hoodie since I was sitting in a cold place for a long time!
- Yesterday was my last Crossfit workout at the box I’ve been going to all summer. Next week I’ll return to school and will be trying out a new box once my wisdom teeth heal up. Yesterday’s workout was fun and I really enjoyed it. For 20 minutes we worked on gymnastics moves that we wanted to improve on. Many of us worked on handstands and it was a lot of fun. I definitely improved and got more okay with getting up on the wall. The WOD: 3 rounds of 3 min: 500 meter row then wall balls until time ran out. My quads were so tired!
- It’s always nice to catch up with you old friends from home. It’s neat how we can be at completely different stages of our lives, but still can talk about anything.
- I know I’ve been saying I’m moving to a new blog and I promise it’s happening soon. The design is almost done and I’m thinking by next week it’ll be complete! Eeeek! I cannot wait!
- I can’t believe my summer is basically over. All of a sudden last week was my last time working with my Dad since I’ll be out of commission this weekend due to my wisdom teeth. But I’m ready to get my final semester of school started.
That’s all for today!
Tell me your thoughts!