For today’s blog post I’m linking up with Running With Spoons for Thinking Out Loud!
Here we goooo!
1. I miss my friends, but it’s so nice when I get to see them. One of my best friends came to town, so I met her for lunch on Wednesday. Sadly, lunch went by too quickly and she had to get back home. Seeing her and catching up completely made my day. It also made me realize how much I miss my friends. I miss seeing them every day and spending my weekends with them.
2. Sometimes I forget what it feels like to wear makeup, especially during the summer. Summer is time for mascara free eyes and wearing my hair in weird ways with a headband. I look kinda creepy in this photo.
3. Not all smoothies I attempt to make work out. I had this grand idea to make a smoothie with instant coffee, peanut butter, a banana, some spinach, and almond milk. I don’t know where I went wrong in my proportions, but I did. So yesterday was a smoothie fail. And evidently I drank it anyways. I was hungry.
4. This article. Read it: 28 things no 20 something year old wants to hear
As an unmarried 21 year old who isn’t married and has no children, I get asked a lot of these questions. Let me put a few of my favorites from that list:
Are you the last of your friends who is still single? From home I’m literally 1 of 2 people left who isn’t married.
When are you going to get married? Ummm don’t I need to get engaged first? Once that happens then you can ask me.
Oh, you’re single? I know someone of the opposite gender who is also single. I can set you up. No matter if I’m single or not people like to make suggestions. No I’m not interested.
5. Be present now. I’ll be honest. My mind is consumed with what I’m going to be doing in the future after December. And the funny thing is, I haven’t even started student teaching yet. So I have to remind myself that I have a ways to go before I can really thing about post-graduation things. A lot can happen in half a year. So I need to focus more on not thinking about the past or future, for it does no good. It’s a waste of brain power. And this blonde needs to preserve all the brain power possible. I need to enjoy where I am now. I need to focus on the people I’m surrounded by now. I know God has a plan for me and that will lead me in the right direction when the time comes.
6. I love breakfast. It’s as simple as that. On the left is oatmeal with peanut butter, cinnamon, strawberries, and blueberries. On the right is protein pancakes from this morning. One of them may or may not have a few chocolate chips inside. I’m a wild one. I know.
7. You know the saying “Dance like no one is watching.” You have to watch this video of this little girl at her dance recital. She is gettin’ it. She doesn’t care what anyone else thinks. It’s hilarious.
8. You can’t beat a New Mexico sunset. I caught this on my bike ride down the road last night.
On the agenda for the rest of the day is see what kind of work my Dad has for me to do. Later this afternoon I’ll go visit the chiropractor and then off to Crossfit!
Do you wear makeup everyday? What is one question you get consistently asked?