1. Fitness. My workouts this week have been pretty good. On Monday in weight lifting I did this workout from PbFingers. I did 3 sets of 15 for each superset before moving on to the next one. I’ll be honest. I didn’t have time to add in all of the abs, but the arms/shoulder part ended up being more challenging than I thought!
Tuesday afternoon I took advantage of a nice day and went to the outdoor track on campus. I did 4x200m sprints with a 200m walk and 1x100m sprint. Then I just ran for about 10 minutes and did some abs/core work after that.
Wednesday was leg day in weight lifting class. Thursday I went for a nice 3 mile run and followed that with some abs. Trying to get a good plank picture makes the time go by a little faster and still that’s not even a great picture haha.
Today I was really lame and did about a 12 minute cardio workout, but I’m glad I at least did something because staying in bed was really tempting!
2. Food. This week my breakfast schedule has gotten a little more exciting. On Thursday I had some extra time before I had to go to class, so after my run I made protein pancakes!! I haven’t had protein pancakes for breakfast during the week in a longgg time!
Today I knew I didn’t want to have oatmeal for breakfast and wanted to have something with spinach. I decided to do scrambled eggs with spinach and had a banana with peanut butter on the side. It was pretty satisfying, but trying to eat my eggs with hot sauce and then eating my banana with peanut butter was a weird taste transition.
Now that it’s gettting warmer where I go to school, I’m getting hooked back on iced coffee. Thankfully my bank account is pretty low this week, so I’ve been taking advantage of the Starbucks gift cards I have. Today on my way to work I got a vanilla iced coffee.
3. Finding the light. There’s something about being into photography that has made me really sensitive to lighting. Especially natural lighting. The drive I have to make to my Thursday class takes me through a valley of Pecan orchards, alfalfa fields, and wheat fields. New Mexico seriously has the best sunsets and on my way home even though I was super hungry I had to stop and take advantage of the beautiful light outside. It’s capturing beautiful moments like this that really fuels my passion for photography.
4. Free. I saw this on my Pinterest and it really resonated with me. I’ve always been someone who hates the feeling of being chained down and burdened. Of course nobody likes that, but it stresses me out and really causes restlessness in my soul. Eventually you have to find an escape from that and though you may escape bits and pieces of it may still remain leaving a bit of heaviness. This just reminds me that I need to truly let all of that go. Whether you share my beliefs or not I believe this is something that anyone can relate to. My God is one who offers me a life of freedom, and I’m so happy that in Him I’m am not chained down. “And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:32
5. Funnyyyy. I’m going to end this post on possibly funny note.
Have a great Friday and enjoy your weekend!! I have some sorority stuff, but otherwise I’ll just be hanging out!
What are your weekend plans? Are you an iced coffee person?