I’m linking up with Running With Spoons today for Thinking Out Loud!
1. My back is incredibly sore this morning. My Dad and I cleaned out troughs that we feed our cattle out of. That consisted of first removing all the tumbleweeds with a pitchfork. Then we scooped dirt out of the troughs. Doesn’t seem too bad right? But all that scooping and twisting and lifting heaving shovelfuls of dirt add up. I forget about all the manual labor that is done on our farm. Maybe I should have really gotten a job in town. Totally kidding! I definitely got in my workout for the day and am for sure feeling it this morning.
2. On a positive note after I finished with Dad and got to take a shower, I made some chocolate chip cookies. I used a recipe from this link: Chocolate Chip Cookies. The only thing I changed was using whole wheat flour. They’re really good just a little crispy on the bottom! Next time I make them I’m going to change a couple more things.
3. Anndd I’ve made protein pancakes a couple times for breakfast this week! I love, love, love protein pancakes and I’m always happy when I have a bit of extra time to make them.
4. Yesterday I finished reading “The Glass Castle” by Jeannette Walls. My mind was blown by the conditions that her and her siblings grew up in. It was very eye opening and made me so thankful that I have parents who get up every morning and work to provide for our family. I cannot imagine having unmotivated parents who are okay with their kids not getting to eat a meal every day. But it’s great to see that those kids escaped what lifestyle their parents had raised them in and they all began their own lives. I’ll be reading more of her works.
5. Notebooks make me happy. I got two delightful notebooks at the good ol’ Wal-Mart with my Mom this week. The grey one will be used for bible study/journal type things. I haven’t decided what I’m going to use the navy notebook for yet, but it’s pretty and looks sophisticated.
Ummm yeah. That perfectly describes how I’m feeling in regards to trying to eat healthier and do Paleo again. However, I’m already tired of eating burgers, steak fingers, and ice cream every other day. I think my cure to this mindset is to go on a run and have a green monster smoothie. I’m also going to check out a Crossfit gym and another fitness gym that seems similar to Crossfit to see which one I want to join for the summer. Hopefully that’ll help kick me out of this unmotivated phase I’m in.
How do you get yourself motivated to get back into eating healthier and working out? Any recommendations for books to read this summer?